Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Salagdoong Beach


Salagdoong Beach
Maria, Siquijor
#BestSummerSoFar
     One of the most visited attraction in Siquijor Island where tourists can enjoy its mesmerizing, jaw-dropping, and eye-filling view of the beach and the Rock-Coral formation on one side surrounding it in a U-shaped form. I think anyone who’d go on a summer vaca in Siquijor should never miss to drop by and enjoy the experience this beach has to offer. One experience I will never forget is its cliff diving. It has two levels, the first at approximately 30ft high and the second at 42ft high. I tried both and trust me, nothing is more terrifying than just seeing the water below and the idea of jumping in that clear water, seeing its clear white sand –It surely gave me the chills. At first I was hesitant to jump, having the fear of heights, but I can’t waste the opportunity of being there already and so I did it - I jumped. Success! :)) The 42ft high level was somewhat like a near to death
experience. It was like your soul was being pulled out and your feet was about to separate from your body. And I did it twice, ...seriously... did it twice for the reason of wanting to get a clear video shot of me falling off my death.(haha) Unfortunately, I have crazy friends who shot the video—One, where I was about to jump and the memory was full. Last, I was already at the water when my other friend shot the video – Reason? – He thought it was already recording when he pressed the record button. Great friends right? :D Anyway, speaking of clear water, the beach has 3 shades of color at different angles. 1st, different shades of blue when facing west. 2nd, different shades of green when facing north/east and a shade of white when you’re on it ofcourse :D. Seriously, The place is just so wonderful to forget. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
          We sailed @ around 2pm from Dumaguete and arrived @ around 4pm in Siquijor and stayed for a little eat while waiting for someone. We hit the road and arrived at the beach @ around 8pm.

For me Php1500 is more than enough on a trip to Salagdoong and all over Siquijor, I brought Php3000 with me since I paid the expenses of my friends and just to make sure I won’t get short of budget.

We brought our own tents(2), Fresh meat, uling and some ingredients, 10 liter  water and some chips.

Lemme break the expenses down for you:
Php700                 Motor Rent: (2 motorcycles) – Php 350ea. At first they said Php300 but we 
                                were in a hurry so I didn’t mind complaining during that time.
Php200                 Snack time after the long trip for the 4 of us(food and drinks)
Php80                   Entrance fee at the beach (for us 4) – Php20ea
Php100                 Fee for putting up the tent at the beach
Php50                   Table w/ 4 chairs (until 7am only, you’ll have to add Php50 if you exceed)

Php200                 Gasoline
Php70                   1.5 liter Sprite
Php100                 Rice @ the resort (5pcs) – Php20 per rice
Php30                   Php2 per cup and per spoon and fork
Php250                 breakfast plus fruits – It was kind for the newly introduced
                               friend of one of my barkada/friend to pay this cost.
Php390                 Fare from Duma to Siqui – Montenegro shipping
Php510                 Fare from Siqui to Duma – Fastcraft (no other trip and we 
                               needed to catch the 3pm trip)

Additional Costs along the trip:
Php30                   Cambugahay Falls entrance
Php25                   Php5 per person
Some of my own (maybe incomplete) tips:
-          Things you need to bring to lessen expenses and enjoy more:
o   Water
o   Food and drinks
o   Service/transpo
o   Tent
o   Snorkel
o   Underwater cam and monopod
o   (Friends who can get you great videoshots :D)
o   Floaters
o   Sunblock
-          Make sure to witness sunset and sunrise
-          Jump off the cliff for some experience (level 1 and 2)
-          Make sure you make the most out of that place :)
 Chilling like a boss


Man-made Forest


More Photos of the place below. Just click and view :) Enjoy!

Get Adobe Flash player
Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment