Thursday, April 30, 2015

Aguinid Falls





Aguinid Falls, Falls Hopping #2

            After Tumalog Falls, this Waterfall was next on my list. But unlike the first, going to Samboan, Cebu was not as easy as going to Oslob where buses continuously pass by. For me to get to Samboan, I had to go back to Liloan Port, ride a motorcycle and drop off at the bus terminal. Surprisingly, there were no buses yet for Samboan and I had to wait for almost an hour before heading off. Upon arrival at the drop off point, which only took about 20-30 minutes, the waterfall was just a walk away from the highway.


Upon reaching the entrance, you have to pay a certain amount to enter. There were guides as well that could help you through out the journey to the top.







First stop, LEVEL 0… nothing much but the excitement starts to boil from this point.














 


LEVEL 1 was where most kids were staying for a dip…















LEVEL 2-- chilling spot for some teenagers and adults.










 

 



Now, LEVEL 3 is where the challenge begins. To reach the top of level 3, you have to climb a high steep rising rock where water is falling down on you at the same time. There are manmade hand holders though, so you don’t have to worry. It’s the going down/back that’s a bit frightening. Slipping would cause you great damage.





 

Reaching LEVEL 4 gave me the chill of excitement knowing that I’m one level closer to reaching the highest point. But before that, I have to say, Level 4's a beauty. It’s almost throne like. But for you to get pass through it, you have to use the left side part of the falls to pass. It’s the only way up and down. But caution needs to be observed for it’s not that safe looking nor is it safe doing. For me, I had to use the root of the tree that was hanging above to climb up.




 

Atlast, the Last level. LEVEL 5 has been reached. Surprisingly, there were a lot who were able to reach the highest level. Girl, Boy, not so girl and boy, Oldies, kids, teenagers, thin and thick, healthy and not so healthy looking (HAHA) and people of different nationalities. But  every person who have reached the top would’ve agreed with me that it's all worth it. The pain, aches and the nerve-racking paths you have to undergo just to reach the TOP.





habal-habal(to bus terminal) = Php50(single person)( but if 2 persons, Php25 only)
Bus fare(forth) = Php20(forth)
Tricycle(back to Liloan Port from Tumalog Falls) = Php25
Entrance fee = Php20
Tour Guide = as I heard, you can pay them any amount, not sure. (I was fine on my own so I didn't get one)
Food and drink = (own budget)
Get Adobe Flash player
Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment